Lipstick: A pinup necessity that can transform you into the bell of the ball or yesterday’s road kill. Let me start by saying that I have a butt load of lipsticks, and by that I mean around 30. I often refer to my purse as my “lipstick holder” as I am constantly carting around new brands to find that perfect red, perfect matte, or best buy. I have chosen my top 5 go-to’s and decided to put them to the test to see which one rose above the rest. I devoted a full day to each and made note of the following…
Judging Criteria: [Rated 1-5, 5 being the best and 1 the worst.]
- Texture- How did it feel? Was it heavy, slimy, light, dry etc…?
- Bleeding- Did I end up looking like the Joker at the end of the day?
- Long Lasting- How often did I need to reapply?
- Easily Removable- Scrub-a-dub-dub, is it still there?
- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick, Color: LSS511 Chaos
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick, Color: 20 Uptown Mauve
- Covergirl Lipstick, Color: 305 Hot Passion
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Matte Collection, Color: 111 Kiss of Life
- Maybelline New York ColorSensational Lipcolor, Color: 645 Red Revival
The Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Matte Collection out performed the rest. This little number had great coverage without feeling too thick or slippery and there wasn’t much bleeding. I only needed to reapply once after lunch and once again at 5pm. Another great thing about this lipstick was at the end of the day it was fairly easy to remove. I highly recommend it and at $5.49 its a smokin’ deal!